A&P Maintenance Tech
A&P Maintenance Lead
DAYS / NIGHTS
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician Lead performs billable work on the aircraft as well as provides leadership to the team.
- Responsible for assigning and coordinating work assignments with his/her team.
- Responsible for all maintenance functions for his/her assigned team/shift.
- Manages his/her teams’ overtime and monitors daily work workload.
- Ensures employees are qualified for the work they perform.
- Shift differential and sign on bonus available for Nights
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Interact with Customers in a cordial, respectful and professional manner, and to ensure that all personnel behave accordingly.
- Provide accurate timely reporting to Maintenance Supervisor and Manager, Customer/Operations of status of in-service aircraft.
- Obtains customer approval on original, additional and/or revised estimates to accomplish maintenance on customer’s aircraft.
- Coordinates line inspections to ensure the plan is followed and during delivery ensures paperwork accountability.
- To always lead by example, through professional behavior, integrity, commitment to the company and compliance with its policies.
- Supervise and direct activities of all personnel assigned assuring all maintenance is completed in compliance with established company policies and procedures set in Empire Aviation USA (RSQCM), as well as applicable FAA regulatory guidelines.
- Request regular progress meetings with Supervisor, Manager, Technicians and all relevant department heads and personnel concerning operational requirements and activities that can turn into a threat to the project’s critical path and could impact re-delivery.
- Proactively build coworker skill sets, lead assigned employees through motivation, communication, mentorship, and accountability.
- Review daily personnel performance and progress on aircraft to determine if any alteration to the plan and schedule is necessary and to ensure that tasks are completed within budgeted time.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed and signed-off accurately in a timely manner.
- Assist with completing all required paperwork, review work orders of incoming aircraft to determine labor, parts, and equipment necessary to accomplish the assigned inspection, maintenance, and repair. Assist with requesting necessary parts, service, or equipment as required.
- Scrutinize the proper tagging of Aircraft work in progress, components, parts, and panels appropriately stored (including racks by aircraft).
- Ensure daily timekeeping requirements are completed on time and accurate,
- Oversee Technicians to ensure the work area and hangar is kept to the highest standards of safety, compliant always, enforcing regulations and practices to avoid accidents. Strictly enforce good housekeeping practices with an objective of securing an environment conducive to employee well-being.
- Ensure that tools and equipment are correctly used and handled by Technicians for both safety and to reduce breakages, wear, and tear. Require Technicians to report any tool malfunction promptly to replace or repair accordingly.
- Support the Maintenance Supervisor with other business activities as needed.
- Willing and able to work rotating shifts including, nights, holidays, weekends, and days off.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%.
- Working knowledge of FAA Regulations.
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Adobe
- Ability to understand and interpret aircraft technical data.
- Effective communication in English, oral and written.
- Ability to successfully work with others as part of a team to achieve established goals.
- Travel both foreign and domestic as needed.
- At least 5 years of experience in the aircraft maintenance field
- At least 5 years of experience having direct involvement with FAR 135 and or 145 policies and procedures.
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate (minimum of 5 years)
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid US Passport