AOG Technician – West Palm Beach, FL
Empire Aviation USA is one of the fastest growing aviation maintenance companies in the US. We are a full-service, FAA approved Part-145 Repair Station headquartered in Palm Beach International Airport (PBI) in West Palm Beach, Florida. We specialize in scheduled maintenance, avionics repairs and upgrades, interior work, parts sourcing, and component repairs. We employ teams of highly trained maintenance and avionics technicians who provide exceptional troubleshooting and repair skills to get our customers back in the air quickly and safely.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a world-class Private Aviation Maintenance Company. Come join us and be a part of an exceptional team that provides white glove customer service to premier clients nationwide. We provide a benefits package that pays 100% of the employees’ and family benefits. This includes medical, dental and vision. The role also offers 2 weeks paid vacation plus 10 personal days as well as a 401K that matches 100% of the first 4%. The work hours are typically 8a – 8p with 7 days on/7 days off. (Wednesday – Tuesdays with base scheduled hours equal to 11.5 hours per day).
This role will sit onsite with AOG Unit in West Palm Beach, FL.
What will you be responsible for?
Empire AOG Technicians will be responsible for completing time-sensitive aircraft repairs in the field. This position requires the technician to provide exceptional customer service while working in sometimes unfamiliar locations throughout our region. This fast-paced role is key to providing our customers with the same white glove service they are accustomed to wherever their aircraft may be while working with minimal supervision. Experience troubleshooting and following Technical Support Guidelines is required.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The successful candidate will perform AOG maintenance on a variety of corporate and general aviation aircraft including but not limited to the aircraft specified below in Skills as well as on Citations, Global Express, Challengers, Gulfstreams, Phenom 100 & 300 Challengers, and Hawkers.
- The range of maintenance duties includes inspections, testing, repairs, and servicing of aircraft.
- Maintenance is performed in accordance with FAA approved technical data.
- A key component of this role will be the candidate’s ability to read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and methods of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Other responsibilities will include maintenance shop cleanup and organization as well as basic office duties.
- The AOG Technician will be required to accurately complete all appropriate maintenance, work orders, and Return to Service (RTS) paperwork.
Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate for this position will hold a valid A&P certificate and have experience providing maintenance on one of the following aircraft:
- Embraer Phenom 100 & 300, Praetor 500, 600, Hawker 800/900, Cessna Citation Series, Dassault Falcon, Gulfstream G100, G150, G200, G280, GIV, G450, G550, G650, Bombardier Challenger 350/650, Bombardier Global 5000/6000.
- Additional requirements: candidate should be willing to work on elevated platforms (up to 40 feet in the air) using fall protection safety gear, able to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time while performing repairs, able to lift 70lbs or more, operate basic hand tools and ground equipment. The role also requires the ability to work in confined spaces, learn and use technical manuals while showing good mechanical aptitude and ability to solve problems effectively.
- The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of problem solving by effectively reading and interpreting maintenance, wiring and illustrated parts manuals. This is a high-pressure and, at times, short notice working environment.
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required.
- Working experience with Apple and Microsoft products especially MS Outlook, Word, and Excel spreadsheets is preferred.
- Successful candidate must be able to travel to locations, in all weather conditions, to perform repairs.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision is also required.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Valid and current Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Valid US Passport.
Please forward your resume as soon as possible and all qualified candidates will be contacted immediately. We look forward to speaking with you!
Empire Aviation USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.